Design internships at Fleur du Mal are a very hands-on learning experience. Interns can expect to learn the design process from concept and inspiration, through pattern making and sourcing, down to sample making. As we are a very small design team at Fleur du Mal, interns are an essential part of our team and we strive to make this opportunity as educational as possible. Our interns will directly report to the design assistant, who will delegate tasks from both the lingerie and ready- to-wear sides of our brand. Interns should be current'y enrolled as a student in a Fashion Design program. Our internship offers college credit and is unpaid.
- Help source trims and fabric in Midtown. Interns must be familiar with the Garment District.
- Prepare cutters must, fabric and patterns to bring to sample rooms in midtown and pick up samples from sample room when ready.
- Cut out patterns from our printers.
- Organize fabrics and samples in studio.
- Help to keep design boards updated.
- Must posses strong written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency is not required but is a plus.
- Based in New York.
- Receiving school credit is offered but not required.